Is there anything better than a long shower followed by a good scrub with your favourite exfoliator, clean pyjamas and fresh sheets on your bed?
Why is Exfoliating so Important?
So why should we exfoliate? Well regular exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Dead skin cells occur because our skin creates a new layer of skin cells every 28 days, so it is essential to remove the dead ones.
Regular exfoliation prevents clogged pores and also stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is what keeps our skin from sagging and gives us that plump, youthful look. The result? Smoother more radiant skin with improved circulation and unclogged pores.
The Benefits of Regular Exfoliation:
1. Smoother Skin: Exfoliators help to get rid of dead skin cells that your body hasn’t fully shed yet. This can help give you a smoother, brighter and a more even complexion.
2. Improved Circulation: Stimulating the surface of your skin can boost blood flow which, in turn, may also help give your skin have a healthier glow.
3. Unclogged Pores: Facial exfoliation can remove dead skin cells and oils that would otherwise clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
4. Better Absorption: By removing a build-up of dead skin cells and other debris, your skin is able to absorb other products more effectively.
At Meadows Pure Skin Care, we recommend using our “Cleansing Face Oil” with our “Muslin Face Cloth.’’ the two combined make the perfect team to exfoliate your skin on a daily basis. Skin that is exfoliated will ensure better absorption of our Award Winning ‘’Revitalising Face Serum,’’ which is specially formulated with only the purest, natural ingredients.
Tired, Dull Looking Skin?
Throughout the year, our skin can become tired and dull looking for a number of reasons including:
1, Lack of Vitamin D: Lack of Vitamin D and sunlight in the Winter Months.
2. Dehydration: Dehydration can lead to congestion on your skin as it fails to flush out any toxins.
3. Hormonal Breakouts
4. Unsuitable Products: Use of skin care products not suitable to your skin.
5. Sunscreen: Build-up of sunscreen products.
Fancy yourself a DIY Goddess?
If you are like us here at Meadows HQ, then you love a good DIY Recipe for Skincare. Check out this super easy Exfoliation Recipe that we just love.
Zingy Decongesting Face Exfoliant
30g ground almonds
20g fine oatmeal or wheat germ
8 tbsp runny honey
Zest of 1 Unwaxed Lemon ( I use unwaxed lemons as the waxed variety can have chemical preservatives which are not good to add to the mix- to unwax a lemon, pop it in boiling water and give the skin a good scrub)