After a long day is there anything better than a shower with your favouite body scrub? At Meadows HQ, we love a good DIY Body Scrub that we can make in the comfort of our own homes and we have included one of our favourite recipes for you to try.
Why is Exfoliating so Important?
So why should we scrub our bodies? Regular exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Dead skin cells occur because our skin creates a new layer of skin cells every 28 days, so it is essential to remove the dead ones.
Regular exfoliation prevents clogged pores and also stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is what keeps our skin from sagging and gives us that plump, youthful look. The result? Smoother more radiant skin with improved circulation and unclogged pores.
It’s best not to use a body scrub on your skin every day. Over-exfoliating your skin can leave it dry, sensitive, and irritated. It’s generally safe to exfoliate your skin two to three times a week. If your skin is dry and sensitive, you may want to exfoliate only once a week.
The Benefits of Using a Body Scrub:
- Smoother Skin: Exfoliators help to get rid of dead skin cells that your body hasn’t fully shed yet. This can help give you a smoother, brighter and a more even complexion.
- Improved Circulation: Stimulating the surface of your skin can boost blood flow which, in turn, may also help give your skin a healthier glow.
- Unclogged Pores: Facial exfoliation can remove dead skin cells and oils that would otherwise clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Better Absorption: By removing a build-up of dead skin cells and other debris, your skin is able to absorb other products more effectively.
At Meadows Pure Skin Care, we recommend using our “Nourishing Body Oil” after using a Body Scrub. Our Body Oil will Nourish, Hydrate and Moisturise your skin, leaving you feeling fresh and radiant. Our Nourishing Body Oil will also help you to wind down after a stressful day, improve the texture of the skin, help the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
The beautiful smell of chosen essential oils May Chang and Sweet Orange are a natural mood lifter and help relieve feelings of stress and anxiety. All of our products are specially formulated with only the purest, natural ingredients.
Fancy yourself a DIY Goddess?
Check out this super easy Body Scrub Recipe that we just love. Featuring Green Tea, Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil.
DIY BODY SCRUB WITH GREEN TEA
- 2 Green Tea Teabags
- 1/2 Cup of Hot Water
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil (Melted)
Add teabags to hot water. Let the tea steep until it cools.
While the tea is cooling, add brown sugar and coconut oil to a bowl and combine.
Add the cooled tea to the sugar mix.
If the mixture is too crumbly, add more coconut oil. If it’s too soggy, add more brown sugar.
When you’ve reached the desired consistency, spoon your scrub into a container and enjoy.