If you watched the live on my Instagram you will know what wild Garlic looks like. If not, I will give you an idea. It is easily identified but remember to always be careful as some wild berries etc can be poisonous. Theres is an app called ‘Plant Net’ that we use occasionally and it is fantastic. You take pics of the plant in question and the app will tell you what it is.
Here are some of the benefits of wild Garlic:
- Packed with Vitamin B and C
- Wild garlic is an incredible food as it doesn’t just kill bacteria, but viruses, fungi, and pathogens, without harming healthy gut flora.
- It’s jam-packed with phytochemicals and healing sulfur components, guards against DNA damaged with its potent antioxidant properties and is even known to fight parasites and worms.
- It also provides a wealth of minerals such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. It should really be a staple in everyone’s diet.
- Packed with Vitamin B6
- Great for Blood, a natural way to decrease blood pressure and Chlosterol
You will wild garlic growing in damp areas, it has small white flowers and broad green leaves.
I love to make my own pesto and an infused Garlic oil to use all summer long which you can see over on my Instagram.